Helpful Policies Implemented for Ohio Vaccine Providers
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has announced a number of policy changes that will make it much easier for primary care practices of all sizes to provide the COVID vaccine in their offices.
- Effective Monday, June 7, all enrolled COVID-19 vaccine providers will be required to directly order COVID-19 vaccine doses each week using the Vaccine Ordering Management System (VOMS). This change will allow practices to get vaccines shipped directly to their office.
- Learn more at the upcoming ODH webinar on Tuesday, June 8 at 2:00 pm to explain these changes and detail the process.
- Practices can order vaccines in smaller allotments (30 for Pfizer, 100 for Moderna and 100 for J&J)
- Storage requirements have been changed allowing for longer times and lower temperatures.
- If you have any questions or issues, please call the ODH Provider Call Center between 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, at 1-844-9ODHVAX (1-844-963-4829) or email COVIDVACCINE@odh.ohio.gov.
Also: If you missed the White House's vaccine conversation for Ohio primary care providers, a recording is now available.