Last Chance to File Your Provider Relief Report
The OSMA received the following communication from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. If you received provider relief payments from HHS during the pandemic and have yet to submit the required reports, please review and take action now.
Some providers have informed the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) that extenuating circumstances prevented them from submitting a completed Provider Relief Fund (PRF) report in Reporting Period 1. HRSA recently announced an opportunity for providers to submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances for PRF Reporting Period 1 if one or more of the extenuating circumstances described below apply. According to our records, your organization did not submit a completed report by the Reporting Period 1 Deadline.
Starting today, Monday, April 11 to Friday, April 22, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET, providers who did not submit their Reporting Period 1 report by the deadline may request to submit a late Reporting Period 1 report, via a DocuSign form, if certain extenuating circumstances exist.
During this process, a provider will choose which extenuating circumstance(s) prevented them from meeting the reporting deadline. The allowable reasons that constitute extenuating circumstances are as follows:
- Severe illness or death – a severe medical condition or death of a provider or key staff member responsible for reporting hindered the organization’s ability to complete the report during the Reporting Period.
- Impacted by natural disaster – a natural disaster occurred during or in close proximity of the end of the Reporting Period damaging the organization’s records or information technology.
- Lack of receipt of reporting communications – an incorrect email or mailing address on file with HRSA prevented the organization from receiving instructions prior to the Reporting Period deadline.
- Failure to click “submit” – the organization registered and prepared a report in the PRF Reporting Portal, but failed to take the final step to click “submit” prior to deadline.
- Internal miscommunication or error – Internal miscommunication or error regarding the individual who was authorized and expected to submit the report on behalf of the organization and/or the registered point of contact in the PRF Reporting Portal.
- Incomplete Targeted Distribution payments – the organization’s parent entity completed all General Distribution payments, but a Targeted Distribution(s) was not reported on by the subsidiary.
Providers who wish to submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances for Reporting Period 1 should follow the following process:
- Complete registration in the PRF Reporting Portal prior to submitting a request. Providers who have already registered in the Portal do not need to register again. Registration instructions are on the PRF Reporting webpage.
- Submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances Form by April 22, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET. You must indicate and attest to a clear and concise explanation related to the applicable extenuating circumstance; however, supporting documentation will not be required.
- If HRSA approves the request, your organization will receive a notification to proceed with completing the Reporting Period 1 report. If approved, you will have 10 days from the date you received the notification to submit a completed report in the PRF Reporting Portal.
What if I also did not submit a report in Reporting Period 2?
Please note that providers will also have an opportunity to submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances for Reporting Period 2 if the extenuating circumstances are applicable. Providers will receive a notification regarding the process to submit a request for RP2 in the coming weeks.
Where can I find more information?
For additional information, review the Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances Webpage, or call the Provider Support Line at (866) 569-3522; for TTY dial 711. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.