We Need Your Help to Make the Prior Authorization Gold Card a Reality in Ohio!
This is an important time for healthcare in the Ohio legislature, as House Bill 130 was introduced—which, if passed, will create a Prior Authorization Gold Card Program for Ohio providers.
As you know, prior authorization has long been a legislative priority for OSMA and many healthcare advocacy groups.
Why? Streamlining prior authorization requirements will help all physicians and healthcare practices:
- Reduce administrative burden
- Save staff time
- Alleviate physician stress and burnout
- Ensure patients get the care they need, when they need it
HB 130, if passed, will create a Prior Authorization Gold Card, where providers who consistently adhere to evidence-based medicine will be exempted from certain prior authorization requirements.
How you can help:
Here’s how you can get involved and help drive meaningful change in the insurance industry:
- Join OSMA. If you’re not already a member, joining OSMA is the first step to maximize our collective advocacy efforts. Join here today >
- Support the HB 130 Coalition. We need physician practices and groups to share their logos and sign on to our letters of support to share with Ohio legislators.
Please email Kelsey Stone with your practice logo if you’d like to be included.
- Volunteer to fight for Prior Authorization Reform. You can contribute directly by participating in interested party meetings, giving testimony at Statehouse hearings, or being a resource for the OSMA advocacy team. Let us know here how you’d like to volunteer.
“As physicians, we know prior authorization is an issue that impacts us, our patients and our practices every day. With the introduction of House Bill 130, the physician community has an extraordinary opportunity to make our voices heard and advocate for this issue that will have a tremendous impact on the practice of medicine. I’m excited to work with OSMA members and the healthcare community in Ohio to get HB 130 passed.”
– Dr. Brian Santin, OSMA President