Lead-Free Ohio Initiative
Childhood lead poisoning continues to be a significant public health issue in Ohio. The Ohio Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (Ohio AAP) is offering new, in-office training to assist practices, and opportunities for you to participate in the Lead-Free Ohio initiative (with a stipend and resources).
Offerings include a model for lead education and individualized, in-office coaching sessions for the physician and practice.
This training will offer deeper understanding of:
- The new medical management guidelines set by the Ohio Department of Health
- Primary prevention skills related to lead testing and treatment
- An individualized office work flow
The training series includes:
- A one-hour lead testing training module
- A one-hour, in-person office visit
- A 30-minute sustainability and exit interview
Practices that participate will receive:
- A $500 stipend
- Resources for providers and families
- 120 copies of Ohio AAP's lead board book, "Thanks for Keeping Me Lead-Free"
- Hands-On coaching for implementation of interventions